Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Romance Authors Unite to Honor American Veterans ~ Join us.





Join me today with other Romance Authors as we celebrate our nations heroes. 
9:00 AM to 9:00 PM Eastern Standard Time

Those young men and women that sign up to help keep freedom ringing in our nation. That sign up to help keep peace and remove terrorism from around the world.

That sign up never knowing if they will return home or not.

My heroes. The men and women of the Armed Forces. Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard.

Whether it is battling the elements or terrorists, they are there, doing as they are told regardless of harm to themselves.


How do I remember our military?

I am an active member of AMVETS.
American Veterans helping Veterans and the community.
I am one of the officers of the post, the Adjutant
(okay it's a fancy word for secretary)

I volunteer my time to help raise money to donate to assist active duty military and veterans. All money raised goes towards this goal. Every penny counts. We are all volunteers. Every penny, even our overhead is to support military personnel and promote Americanism.

Our main overhead is rent so we have a place to meet. But it is at the veterans center which is there to give all veterans a place to meet and socialize. Without the rent from the various veterans group, there would be no place for this.

Straight from my heart, I tell you, we need this. We need to stay connected to our brothers in arms. No one, no one understands what we've gone through like another veteran. We need each other.

From donating to the Honor Flight, to individual veterans in need, we help those veterans that need it.
To keep spirits up we have done movie donations to send to the troops overseas.
We donate to Veterans Homes to help those that end up in a nursing home.
We donate to military hospitals to help those there be more comfortable.
We donate to the USO. 
We donate to Dryhootch a coffee shop established to assist those returning military and veterans to become acclimated to being back home.
And many, many others!

AMVETS is a fantastic organization.

Haven't heard of them? 
AMVETS established and maintains the Arizona Memorial.
AMVETS was involved with the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery
(There's a huge plaque there explaining their involvement)

AMVETS MISSION STATEMENT: To enhance and safe­guard the enti­tle­ments for all Amer­i­can Vet­er­ans who have served hon­or­ably and to improve the qual­ity of life for them, their fam­i­lies, and the com­mu­ni­ties where they live through lead­er­ship, advo­cacy and services.

Interested in Donating?
Donations can be mailed to:
AMVETS
300 Beichl Ave
Beaver Dam WI 53916
Interested in Joining?
or
Check your local Veterans Centers!

Follow our Facebook page for my local AMVETS Post 33

I don't donate to just AMVETS though.

Wounded Warrior Project is a favorite place to put my money. 
It breaks my heart to see those young men and women returning home, shattered and never to be the same again.
How can I not help?

There but for the grace of God go I.


Donate here:


Now, as you can tell. I am a veteran. I can't imagine not having volunteered my time and life to protect and honor my country.

I didn't say my oath to give it up when I got out. I will always be military. I am proud of the fact that I served.
It changed me, made me better.

I've taken those experiences and wrote a military romance. I needed to share my experiences and feelings. I also wanted to share my son's experiences and feelings. (He is an active duty Marine) I melded them together with the unfortunate occurrences that face our current crop of active duty military and our veterans.

In it, are wounded warriors. One dealing with PTSD and one dealing with the aftermath of losing a limb.
I broke my heart to write it. Yes it is fiction. Yet it is not. To some young man or woman it has happened. I pray that they will find the happy ending that my story has.
I have also included a dedication the gives resources to veterans that need to reach out for help.


A SAINT’S SALVATION
by Beverly Ovalle
Published by Secret Cravings Publishing
Released February 10, 2014

Blurb:
Corporal Nicholas 'Saint' Santiago needs to go home to reclaim the man he used to be. To be the man he was before Operation Enduring Freedom slowly hardened his heart. He needs to reconnect to the values and the reasons he is doing what he does. Saint also needs to try to forget the courageous woman he knows was meant to be his.
Petty Officer Angelina Jones' life changed the moment Saint saved her life. She survived the blast but now has to deal with the fact that she will never be whole. Knowing Saint received a 'Dear John' letter, Angelina has no intention of being his rebound romance. She needs to be loved for herself. She needs to forget about the one man she knows was meant to be hers.
They each try to find someone to help them forget.
But what does fate have planned for them?

Buy Links:









No comments:

Post a Comment