Tuesday, January 6, 2015

New Release ~ Choice Affairs



Choice Affairs (Book #2-Southern Heat Series)





Choice Affairs - Blurb
Political intrigue, new marriage, dark secrets.
How will Apolo and Caitlyn face the Washington fishbowl?
How far can Apolo push his bride in the sensual arena?


Encore! - Excerpt
"Apolo, who are you calling?" I inquired, as though I didn't know.
"Your mother! I've been more than patient with the woman. I've overlooked things she has said or done that ordinarily I wouldn't. She was the entire reason we waited to start preparations. So that she would be safely back in Ireland. Now, less than a week out, she decides to ignore everything we implored upon her not to do. She's selfish, Caitlyn. The woman thinks of no one but herself, and it stops now."
I bit my lip, trying desperately not to smile. That wouldn't be a good thing to do right now. Apolo Choice did not tolerate anyone, not even family, doing as my mother just had.
He caught my amusement anyway. "What?" he bellowed, his eyes dark and menacing.
"Are you done ranting?"
"No! I'm just getting started. She has to be taught a lesson, and I know the perfect way to get her attention. While I'm doing that, I want you to get Izzie and Eloise on the line. The four of us have some meddling-mother-of-the-bride counter attacks to plan out."
"What are you up to, Apolo?" I gazed warily at him as he found my mother's number and let the games begin.
"You'll see."
That's what I was afraid of—Apolo Choice and my mother, Susan Pickett White, having a blow up mere days before our wedding. I sat, grimacing, waiting for her to pick up. Or would she? As savvy as my mother was, she was probably screening her calls, anticipating Apolo's response.
"Susan," he bellowed into the phone. "What in the name of hell were you thinking this morning? Going on some gossip show and telling the world every detail of our wedding. How dare you! Now, I’ve called to tell you that the ceremony is off. Thanks to you, the one day we asked for privacy has been ruined."
He stood, facing me, listening to my mother pleading. He was obviously having great fun toying with her.
"No, you may not speak to Caitlyn. Your daughter is too distraught by your selfishness to talk to anyone at the moment. I merely thought I'd let you know first-hand that the wedding has been cancelled. But you know, come to think of it, perhaps I should have gone on one of those shows you seem to relish and announced it to the entire world. Now, if you'll excuse me."
He hung up on my mother. Not many live to tell about doing that.

Excerpt #2

"So, can you tell me about the suits? What's going on?"
"I'll leave that to Apolo to share."
The smell of pizza and a deep voice, invaded our space. "Let Apolo share what?"
"Apolo, you sly devil. You steal Caitlyn and bring her to the land of dirty bedfellows. Shame on you!" Izzie loved to tease him, had since they first met. Thank goodness, he didn't mind.
He brought the box over and placed it on the coffee table. He glanced at us both, leaning over and kissing me first. "Pizza? I thought you went out to get things to cook?"
"I did. Izzie wanted pizza so that we could talk instead."
He sighed, shaking his head. He removed his suit jacket and laid it over one of the chairs while he walked over and poured himself a glass of whiskey. I knew what he was thinking. If Iz and I had discussed it before she left, I wouldn't have had to go out. Thus, no accosting by brothers. "Have you brought Izzie up to speed on what's been going on around here?" he asked taking a sip of his drink.
"Only about my mother. I thought I'd leave the rest to you to tell."
"Yeah," Izzie chimed in. "What's with all the suits, Apolo? I know you're a big cheese now Jacob was obviously speaking with FBI or something."
Apolo sat down across from us and took a long pull off his whiskey, almost downing the glass. He told Izzie pretty much everything that had happened to me with Tom and Anthony. I could see the look of concern on his face. We hadn't had any time together since it'd happened.
Izzie's eyes grew wide in disbelief. "This is some stuff. I knew Tom has always been shady. We've all known it. But Anthony?"
"Yes, I'm afraid so. I've been having him watched for a while now. Something about when he opened his restaurant never smelled right, if you'll forgive the pun. The people he was hanging out with. His answers never added up."
Just then Jacob and two men appeared off the elevator. Apolo rose and, taking his drink, went to meet them. "Ladies, if you'll excuse me. I need to speak with these gentlemen. We'll use my office. Enjoy your pizza."
Izzie and I watched the foursome disappear from sight.
"Damn, Caiti. This is like all James Bond-y."
"Welcome to the world of Senator Apolo Choice, Izzie."



Buy Links:



Bio
Writing romance stories with passion and sass, Jamie Salisbury has seen several of her books soar to #1 on Amazon. Her novella, Tudor Rubato was a finalist in the 2012 RONE (Reward of Novel Excellence) awards. The cover won for Best Contemporary Cover. Now in 2014, her novel, Life and Lies was nominated for a RONE in the Erotica category. Her books are both self published and now include several published through Secret Cravings Publishing.
Music, traveling and history are among her passions when not writing. Her previous career in public relations in and around the entertainment field has afforded her with a treasure trove of endless story ideas.
Contact Links
Twitter: @JamieRSalisbury

No comments:

Post a Comment