Saturday, March 2, 2019

Another snowy Saturday here in Wisconsin! My second day after retiring. I’m going to try to accomplish one thing everyday that needs doing. Yesterday was cleaning the toilet and sink in the upstairs bathroom. LOL. So you can see that my goals aren’t lofty. Just necessary. Today, I’m babysitting but I’m going to work in the bathroom again. Cleaning up the stuff that has accumulated in there for years. I’m determined to de-hoard my house! Well, it may not be that bad, but it’s bad enough!
My daughter is in Madison taking the test for her LPN license! I’m praying she passes. I’m sure she will. She’s studied hard to pass everything. Next year she’ll be doing the same to get her RN. I’m so proud of my little girl.
This isn’t just a random picture of one of my books. The cover is actually my daughter almost four years ago. Just before she had my granddaughter.

A Sailor’s Delight


Lee Santiago went from one mistake to the next. When a friend dies, exposing his mortality all too well Lee’s family steps in to force him to make something of himself. He can’t be a party boy all his life and if he wants to sign his life away, it will be on the dotted line. He doesn’t even have time to say goodbye. Anyway it was only a drunken one night stand.
Isabelle was always the good girl. Until that night. When the man she’d always worshiped finally noticed her. She couldn’t say no. She’s heartsick to find out he doesn’t remember it. Isabelle’s life crashes around her when the results are in. The truth comes out and she has nowhere to turn. She looks for Lee, but he’s gone.
Will he be man enough to step up and face the consequences when he learns the truth?


Well now that I’ve done my little plug, lol, I’ll continue. Right now our life revolves around our girls. The D and GD if I start abbreviating. It’s not that we ignore our son. Not even. But, he lives in South Carolina. He recently was stationed there. We’re proud of our Marine, too!
Besides babysitting, I’ll be writing. Once the D is home, I’ll start back up on Finding Faith. I’m getting closer to the end. Then, I’ll go over the beta read my buddy Tamara Hoffa did for me before she passed. Then it’ll be heading off to my editor, Molly S Daniels. The cover will be worked on within the next few days. The artist JM Walker is unavailable for the next few days.
Then, the dreaded blurb! Though, I’ve been thinking about it. I actually have been reading a book about how to make your blurb. It really seems to help. I’ve been doing the exercises in the book and it is taking shape! So I have to read a book to finish my book lol.
I’m really trying to get at least three books done by May. If I have one done, I’ll be satisfied, but not exactly happy. One of them will be more of a novella. I’ve been almost done with it for years but had it just sitting there. Mind you, it still needs editing and a cover. But, I’ll finish one book at a time! The other is a children’s book. I’m still trying to find an appropriate title. Not to mention, I need to get an art program (I’ve been searching for the right one) to do the illustrations. I’ll be publishing my children’s books under a pen name to keep the kiddies from seeing my steamy side! They grow up too fast as it is.
Have a good weekend, and don’t forget to check for Sunday Sales tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment