Tuesday, September 1, 2015

A New Beginning

I've had some unsettling news in the last couple of days.

One of my publishers is going under. A lovely lady runs it and she's tried her hardest to keep the company going but against new Amazon ways of publishing, pirates stealing the livelyhood from authors and publishers alike, small presses have trouble staying afloat.

She's been very gracious and giving all her authors a heads up before she makes the final steps to dissolve the company. Returning the rights to our books along with allowing the authors to keep their edits, to making arrangements with the cover artist for us to keep out covers with a small out of pocket cost.

I'm sad to see such a helpful and honest company go away.

For all of those that think it hurts no one when you steal a book for free when you should have paid for it consider the fact that a publisher, all of the editors, all of the copywriters, the cover artist and now all of the writers no longer will have a job.

You can't just write a book and publish it. Many may think that it is that easy but there is a lot of work that goes in to publishing a book. Especially if you want it to be a good book.

A lot of downsides, not to mention the emotions of all involved.

So, due to this the following titles will be off sale until further notice:

Lightning Strike


A Saint's Salvation


Triple D Dude Ranch


There are positives. Lightning Strike has a sequel I've been working on.
I plan on revamping A Saint's Salvation due to reader input (adding Angel's point of view) and effectively doubling the book. :)

Triple D Dude Ranch will stay as it is for now. A short erotic western romp. 

The covers will remain the same as I'm purchasing them from the cover artist.

On the unpublished side:

I have a military novella that doesn't have a home as it was scheduled to come out on 9/19 in a box set by SCP. The authors involved are discussing what to do.

In the meantime, I have a book Stealing Hope coming out in ebook AND print in late October, early November through Ardent Books. I'm pushing for October of course lol. I'm working on A Dragon's Treasure and will be submitting that by the end of the week. I'm putting myself on a deadline!

As soon as I have my rights back I will have to decide what to do with the three being pulled and the one that never made it to the public.

When one door closes another opens so I will continue to look at this as an opportunity, a silver lining so to speak. 



1 comment:

  1. Yeah, stealing books hurts a lot of people who are involved of bringing the book to life in the first place. It is sad when people do it, but sadly they still do it. I have been there so I get the downside.

    ReplyDelete