Monday, September 11, 2017

Dead Men Tell No Tales

I've been in a bit of a slump. I'm stuck on my dragon story, Finding Faith. I'm stuck on my erotic short, Triple D: Enticed by the Cowboy. So... I went into my manuscript file to see what caught my eye. I settled on a bit called 'the old lady'. LOL. I think I should call it, 'I'm not old, dammit!' I read it, laughed and started writing again. From the story line so far, I must have been pissed at my husband. I killed him off! 28 years of marriage and being a writer will do that I guess.
Better than arsenic or a bat when he's sleeping or any of the real ways to bump him off!

So, I'm not sure where this will lead. A middle aged... cough cough... romance probably. Dead husbands, meddling family, even if they mean well, and who knows? maybe a ghost! No clue where it's headed, but at least I'm writing again! I moved my desk up into a corner in the bedroom. Writing in the dining room wasn't working with my daughter and granddaughter now living with us. But wrapped in pajamas and finally comfortable and able to reach my computer even in the middle of the night to write will do wonders! I write when I'm happy I guess, and comfortable.

Since my husband helped me get my desk situated, I wouldn't bump him off now, but since I already did...  :) I'm going with it! If I look, I probably have more bits like that. I have a temper and he sets it off without even meaning to poor guy! So I put it down in words and let it go. We don't fight a lot, just snipe at each other for a bit and settle back down. When I hear my mother coming out of my mouth, I shut up, LOL.

So, catch up on some of my books, I will be putting something out still this year, though my schedule was railroaded with the girls moving back home. I'm too close to the end on at least three books to not get at least one out. So your guess is as good as mine which one it will be!


Here is the victim of my paper crime, lol. Pirate day at Red Lobster.

So, if you are in West Bend WI on Sept. 23rd visit me!

Threshold’s Showcase of Authors IV being held on Saturday, September 23rd at the Lawrence and Vivian Stockhausen center, 2380 West Washington Street, West Bend, Wisconsin

The event runs from 10 AM to 1:30 PM.
 
This will be my last signing until April. Then I'll be at the Northern Iowa Book Bash!

No comments:

Post a Comment